Air Conditioner St. Louis, MO
We are experts at air conditioner installation, air conditioning repair and maintenance for all types of AC units.
During summer, warm air from the Gulf of Mexico blows into the St. Louis area. According to the National Weather Service, in any given year the St. Louis area experiences an average of 35-40 days when the temperature is 90 degrees or higher. There are also frequently days in the heart of summer when the temperature crosses 100 degrees. During these times, the heat can get unbearable and even unsafe without a proper working air conditioner.
Residents living in the St. Louis metropolitan area can rely on Air Excellence Heating & Air Conditioning for top-of-the-line air conditioners and air conditioner service. We also offer repair, replacement, and maintenance services for all types of air conditioning units including many models and brands. For help repairing your current air conditioner or selecting the right replacement unit, contact our St. Louis heating and cooling company today at (636) 980-0998.
We Make Purchasing the Right Air Conditioning Unit Easy
There are many factors that can influence what kind of air conditioner you should purchase. Buying air conditioning units without being mindful of these factors can mean that your air conditioning unit does not efficiently cool your entire home. Here are some things that you should consider before investing in air conditioning units.
- Home Size: One of the most important factors when buying an air conditioner is the size of your home. If homes are too large or too small for the air conditioning units selected, the air conditioners can run too frequently or will otherwise operate inefficiently. Therefore, before investing in air conditioning units, it is important to know what size unit is recommend for your home size.
- Installation Type: The two main types of air conditioning units are whole home air conditioners and single room air conditioners. Single room air conditioning units can be installed on windows or mounted on walls. Determining which option is best for your cooling needs can depend on a number of factors. We can help you with this decision.
- Efficiency: Did you know that air conditioners have different energy ratings? The higher the ratings, the better the efficiency. Better energy ratings also translate into lower energy costs. The efficiency of an air conditioner is determined by the energy efficiency ratio (EER or SEER). An air conditioner unit with an EER of 5 is half as efficient as an air conditioner with an EER of 10. We can help you understand more about the efficiency and energy ratings of air conditioning units to help you select the best model for your needs.
There are many more factors like noise levels, dehumidification, and cooling potential to consider when comparing air conditioning units. At Air Excellence Heating & Cooling, we will be happy to help you compare many different air conditioning units and select the best option. We can supply units from leading companies such as Ruud, York, and Goodman. After helping you select the best model, we can also offer replacement and installation for any air conditioner units.
St. Louis Air Conditioner Maintenance and Repair
Regular maintenance of air conditioning units reduces repairs and improves the unit’s life expectancy. As a leading heating & cooling company, we can perform regular maintenance and minor repair services to keep your unit working properly. We can also repair air conditioning units that have broken down.
Air Conditioner Unit Tune-Ups
Air conditioning units are delicate pieces of electrical equipment. Therefore, they should be tuned-up regularly, if you want them to perform to their full potential. Regular tune-ups maintain efficiency, promote a long life, and ensure safety. Additionally, HVAC technicians can catch problems during tune-ups, before they have a chance to develop into bigger and more costly issues.
Many people are skeptical about whether air conditioners really need regular tune-ups. To learn why a tune-up is important, you should ask yourself these questions:Do you want to save money on your electricity bills?
- Do you want to make your air conditioner unit last longer?
- Do you want to improve the efficiency and performance of your air conditioner unit?
- Do you want to prevent unexpected accidents caused by air conditioner unit failure?
- Do you want to prevent sudden and inconvenient breakdowns?
Your answer to all these questions will probably be a yes. For these reasons and more, you should have your air conditioner unit tuned-up on a regular basis.
What is Included in an Air Conditioner Unit Tune-Up?
During your air conditioner unit tune-up, you can expect our HVAC technician to undertake the following services:
- The coolant level will be inspected, the pressure checked, and, if needed, recommendations made for refilling unit with coolant.
- The thermostat will be calibrated and the cycle time and temperature checked.
- The wiring, relays, contacts, and capacitors will be checked and if needed tightened.
- The condensate drain will be cleared of debris.
- The condenser will be inspected and cleaned.
- The fan motor and the blades on the condenser will be checked for friction and lubricated if needed.
- The amp reading on the compressor will be checked.
- Efficiency and safety checks will be conducted.
Maintenance agreements are a good way to ensure regular maintenance for air conditioning units. You do not have to remember to call a company to schedule a check-up. After you sign a maintenance agreement, the company ensures that your air conditioning units are maintained according to schedule.
Call us today at (636) 980-0998. You can contact our St. Louis heating and cooling company online, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Air Conditioner Maintenance and Repair
In the height of the St. Louis summer, temperatures can get uncomfortably high. If you are fortunate, your air conditioner will continue working just fine and you will be cool and comfortable in your home throughout the summer. However, what if your air conditioner stops working? Or what if it is working but not at its full potential? That can cause uncomfortable and even dangerous situations for you and your family. To avoid these problems, it is best to have an HVAC technician regularly service and maintain your air conditioner.
Regular maintenance or timely repair will make sure that your air conditioner works when you need it the most. If you are looking for a reliable HVAC company to help you with your air conditioner problems in the St. Louis Metropolitan Area, contact Air Excellence Heating & Cooling. With our air conditioner maintenance and repair services, we can perform regular service and cleaning to ensure your air conditioner keeps working properly, and we can provide emergency service in the event that your air conditioner fails.
If you neglect maintenance and small repairs, the performance of the air conditioner will decrease steadily and your energy bills will increase as well. Eventually, your air conditioner unit may even fail completely resulting in high repair or replacement costs.
The following are some types of basic maintenance and repair services we can provide:
- Air Conditioner Filter Cleaning: One of the most important services that a HVAC technician will perform is cleaning the filters or replacing them. Dirty, clogged filters are an impediment to normal air flow and they reduce the efficiency of the system significantly. Clean filters will reduce the energy consumed by the heater by 5-15%.
- Air Conditioner Coil Cleaning & Repair: Over time, dirt will collect on the air conditioner’s evaporator coil. The filter acts as a barrier between the evaporator coil and dirt, but some of this dirt will still manage to get through and settle on the coil. Therefore, air flow to the coil is reduced and the coil becomes significantly less efficient as it is insulated by dirt. Another problem is that the aluminum fins on the evaporator coil can easily get bent, blocking the flow of air. HVAC technicians carry a tool known as a fin comb, which they can use to comb the fins into position again.
- Drain Channel Cleaning: The drain channels on the air conditioner unit can get clogged, which will prevent the air conditioner from reducing the humidity in the room. Therefore, these must be cleaned in order for proper unit efficiency.
- Refrigerant Check & Recharge: Refrigerant plays a large role in air conditioner efficiency. The role of the refrigerant is to carry heat and dispose it outside. If the refrigerant in your air conditioner is leaking, your air conditioner may not cool the air properly. We can check refrigerant levels and top this off if necessary. Because standard Freon refrigerants are expensive, we have procured alternative, environment friendly refrigerants that are more affordable.
What Are the Benefits of Regular Air Conditioner Maintenance and Repair?
- Reduced Energy Bills: An air conditioner that is poorly maintained will work harder than a properly maintained one to deliver the same result. Therefore, more energy is consumed which leads to higher energy costs. A well maintained air conditioner unit results in lower energy bills.
- Reduced Repair Costs: By maintaining your air conditioner or conducting small repairs, you can delay or even avoid major repairs. A major repair will cost you substantially more than a maintenance or small repair. Maintenance will also help you find other issues before they can become major problems.
- Air Conditioner Life Extended: Maintenance increases the life of the air conditioner and maintains its efficiency. When all the parts are in order and properly cleaned, they will work in unison to give you optimum cooling.
How to Know When it is Time to Install a New Air Conditioning Unit
According to the recommendations of the Environmental Protection Agency, air conditioner units that are more than 10 years old should be replaced with newer, more efficient models. Did you know that new air conditioner units, especially ones with Energy Star ratings cost an average of 20% less to run? This can result in a substantial cost savings over time.
Like most appliances, when an air conditioning unit starts to fail, it will show some warning signs. Here are a few of these signs:
- Frequent Breakdowns & Repairs: When air conditioner units breakdown frequently and begin requiring frequent repairs, this can be one of the signs that it is time for replacement.
- Increased Electricity Bills: Most old air conditioner units have a high-energy demand, and as these get older, they can become even more inefficient to operate. As a result, your electricity bills will go up.
- Loud Noises: When air conditioning units begin to make a lot of noise, the problem can usually be traced back to the interior coil also known as the evaporator coil. In most cases, when this type of problem occurs one of the best options is replacement.
Benefits of Replacing Old Air Conditioner Units
There are many things to consider before investing in new air conditioner units. These include the costs and benefits associated with the replacement. Here are some benefits of replacing old air conditioner units with newer models:
- Reduced Operating Costs: Because newer air conditioner units are more efficient to run, the money you spend on new air conditioner units will also be offset by energy savings in the long run. Additionally, there are many rebates and special financing options available right now that can help off-set the immediate costs of air conditioner replacement.
- Improved Cooling Efficiency: New air conditioner units are also more efficient at cooling. Therefore, you will benefit from improved comfort with more consistent and reliable cooling.
- Noise Reduction: Many old air conditioning units are noisy to operate. New models tend to be quieter to operate, which is beneficial when you spend time outside around your home.
- Environmentally Friendly: New air conditioner units are more environmentally friendly than older models, especially high efficiency models. This is because they use less energy to operate.
- Better Dehumidification: With age, the ability of air conditioner units to dehumidify decreases and there is only so much that regular maintenance can do to maintain this. A new air conditioning unit will take care of this problem, which can also improve your indoor air quality.
Contact Us Today For Help With Any St. Louis Air Conditioner Issues
Air Excellence Heating & Cooling has more than 30 years experience in the HVAC business. We can provide expert maintenance and repair services for all kinds of air conditioning units. Our company is licensed, insured, and bonded and our technicians are well experienced. Therefore, we ensure that you receive the best possible service. To learn more about our air conditioner maintenance and repair services, contact us today at (636) 980-0998.
We can usually replace or install new air conditioner units ranging from 13 SEER to 20 SEER within 24 hours after you sign the contract. Before replacing your old unit, we will provide a comparison to see whether it is more efficient to salvage your old unit or replace it with a new model. – Bette Derges
Submit your review
We realized the AC was not working around 6pm, called their number and got the answering service. We then received a call back after hours around 9pm to come at 10am the next morning! So fast immediate service indeed! We have had our AC/furnace serviced a few times in the last couple of years... I feel that Air Exceelence is fair in their pricing and they don't price gouge the customer. Friendly service too!" - via Google
This team did an incredible job! We weren't sure what was wrong with out AC, and in no time flat he had it up and running. Very professional, very efficient, and very fun!" - via Google
Brad was involved in the original installation of our air conditioning unit. He knows the settings for our house and was easy to deal with when he came out to winterize our system. He has always been courteous and helpful to my wife and I. Keep up the good work and I look forward to many years of service and maintenance from Air Excellence." - via Google
I called this morning after my house heated up to 80 and they said they would come right out and take care of the problem. And they did my air is working great now, excellent service fast and friendly, i will b using them n the future." - via Google
These guys are awesome. For the past three years they have been dependable. Worked with us and the Home warranty company and made air conditioner repairs painless. Thanks for all the great work." - via Google
Air excellence heating and cooling provides their best service with excellent communication. As a customer I am satisfied with their ability to carefully walk me through my expenses and get the job done. I now have a working AC, thanks" - via Google
Bette and the entire office staff were fantastic throughout the entire process. Brad was very professional and went out of his way to make sure that my AC unit functioned properly immediately and made sure that I had the knowledge to keep it working properly in the future. Thank you, Air Excellence!!" - via Google
Very happy!The tech was very helpful and telling me a fell things to maintain my unit. WELL USE THEM AGAIN!! HOME OWNER." - via Google
The guy was extremely knowledgeable and up front about my air conditioners problems." - via Google
Air Excellence Heating and Cooling is an exceptional company. We had a problem late Sunday night concerning our AC unit and we were able to get some advise on how to proceed. Most companies you would have to wait for Monday morning for any help!" - via Google