St. Louis Heat Pump – Trane Heat Pump
If your heating needs are moderate, then the Department of Energy recommends that you install a heat pump rather than a furnace or a heater.
A heat pump is more affordable to operate than a traditional HVAC system, as they do not use as much energy. The fundamental difference between a heat pump and a heater or a furnace is that the heat pump only moves heat; it does not generate it like a heater. The heat pump will extract heat from one area and move it to another, therefore, heating or cooling your home.
There are two kinds of heat pumps. These are air source heat pumps and ground source heat pumps. If you want to install a heat pump in your home or you need a St. Louis heating and cooling company that can offer heat pump service or repair Air Excellence Heating and Cooling can help. Call us today at (636) 980-0998.
How Do Heat Pumps Work?
Air source heat pumps absorb heat from the air outside and transport it inside your home. This heat is then dispersed using ductwork. While heat pumps do not work in some extreme climates, heat pumps can extract heat from air that is as cold as 15 degrees. So they can usually be used in St. Louis homes. You can also use a heat pump to cool your home during the hot months. In summer, the heat pump will extract heat from inside your home and transfer it outside, thus leaving cooler air inside your home. Heat pumps also work fairly well as a dehumidifier, helping to reduce the humidity in your home.
What are the Benefits of Heat Pumps?
Installing a heat pump can bring you many benefits. Some of these are mentioned below.
- Since heat pumps only transfer heat and do not generate any, they are very energy efficient. For example, if you were using an electric furnace or a heater you can cut your consumption of electricity by up to 40% by switching to a heat pump.
- Heat pumps can be used in a reverse cycle to cool and dehumidify the air inside your home, which is an affordable way of cooling your home in the hot and humid St. Louis summer months.
- With gas furnaces, there is a chance that carbon monoxide may leak from the furnace. Non-hybrid heat pumps do not burn any fuel, so there is no health risk associated with natural gas.
- Some heat pumps are actually able to dehumidify environments better than air conditioners while using less energy. This results in more cooling effect in the summer months for lower energy costs.
- When using heat pump to replace any traditional air conditioner or heating system, you can see a significant decrease in operating costs.
- There are many varieties of heat pumps available including those that distribute air through your home’s existing ductwork as well as those that use ductless systems.
Contact Us the St. Louis Heat Pump Experts
If you are looking for a heating and cooling company that can service or install heat pumps in St. Louis, contact Air Excellence Heating and Cooling today at (636) 980-0998.
Submit your review
Service is excellent. Fast and friendly." - via Google
Company arrived very quickly and technician was very courteous and very professional." - via Google
Excellent and very professional. Will definitely use them again in the future." - via Google
They were very thorough. Excellent service!!" - via Google
The office & the technician that came to the home were great. Very knowledgeable, polite, & educated me on how to better maintaining my system." - via Google
He was super helpful explaining everything! He showed me what was wrong and how he fixed it. I seriously felt like he had my best interest at heart." - via Google
Air Excellence delivers quality both in regard to diagnosis and instillation. Brad is kind and knowledgeable, and his installers are more than competent to do a thorough and excellent job, and in so doing, uphold the name "Air Excellence." Definitely recommended!" - via Google
We were very pleased with the service provided by Air Excellence. They were very knowledgeable, professional, and responsive. We will definitely call them again. We had Brad and Mike working with us - both were awesome." - via Google
Was here fixes both heat pumps very. Happy" - via BBB
Had our heatpump and gas furnace repaired today very happy would use again would recommend" - via BBB